Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's Been a While

Well hey there! It's been a while since my last post about Fall and pretty leaves but really not a lot has happened..


We took a class trip to Liverpool last weekend. It was a quick one night trip but it was pretty cool to see a city that I otherwise probably would not have visited. We were up early with a two hour train ride (naptime!) and once we got to Liverpool I was so surprised! Liverpool is a bigger city than I expected and had an awesome city center that was full of shopping, bars, restaurants, etc. It is also a massive shipping/port city so being next to the water was nice. The Titanic left from Liverpool!


The massive Art Biennial (a giant art fair) was in Liverpool so that was our main reason for heading there. We spent the day Tate Liverpool and a few other places with Biennial exhibitions. It was a lot of modern art but I really liked seeing the big "up and coming" artists.

That night, the girls (our class is all girls, 14 of us!) and our awesome professor headed to the pub that The Beatle's used to play before they got famous. The Cavern is an underground pub that had live music and an incredibly rowdy Stag Party (aka a Bachelor Party). We had a drink then headed to a delicious dinner at the Pump House on the water. Our professor headed back to the hostel then we hit the town. Dancing, singing and making friends.. I'd say this was the most fun class field trip I've ever had! A late night ended with this epic picture...


I know it is upside down.. I'm not sure how to flip it, not to mention maybe the up-side-down-ness shows the night for what it really was! Hilarious and weird.

The next day was quite an early morning and we saw a few more galleries. My favorite was the Walker Museum because of the juxtaposition between contemporary and Old Masters paintings. It was also exciting because I got to see my main main, Henry VIII... 


These were a few of my favorite pieces from the weekend!

The week has been busy, busy! We've got presentations, interviews, and papers due over the next few weeks so it will be the library non-stop for me. I head home a month from today so that is very much the light at the end of the tunnel! As well, I've got two unbelievable concerts to go to before I head home so I've got a LOT to look forward to...after all this research is done, of course!

Cheers y'all, Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment