Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tudor Lovin'

Henry the 8th looking awfully handsome at HCP
As part of my thesis, I get to explore three Tudor-era places: a palace, a home and a manor. Honestly, it is the best part of this whole shin-dig! I've loved being able to be a 'kid again' and wander around looking at the institutions through the eyes of a child... Below are just a few pictures of my fun at Hampton Court Palace and Kentwell Hall!

The entrance to Wolsey's Hampton Court Palace

The gardens at Kentwell Hall are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen!

The entrance to Kentwell Hall,
a manor that has been on this site since the year 1040!

A couple of Tudor ladies at KWH spinning wool
The research for this dissertation has been an adventure so far - at times, fun and at times, painful. Now, I am currently in the throes of writing the 12,000 words needed by September. It is a bit more grueling and to be honest, sometimes I just feel a bit like this:

Just another day, trapped in the stocks at Kentwell Hall!

So cheers to experiencing more cold, rainy weekends that don't tempt me to go outside and enjoy the summer as most people are do in June and July!

Cheers y'all, Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment