Monday, February 11, 2013

Antwerp

Last weekend, LG and Kate (my euro lovers) met me in Antwerp to stay with a dear family friend. We were met with wine, hugs and hours and hours of conversation. I have been so blessed that these two girls have been in Europe while I've been in London. They are truly inspiring with their words, love and grace and I cannot begin to tell them how important they are to me. We've conquered Germany, Italy, Turkey, Belguim, Holland and I can't wait to see where we head to next... I'm thinking Sweden?!

ANTWERP
AMSTERDAM
 Antwerp was a neat city, lots of cobble stones and clouds. We enjoy Belgian waffles and beer which were of course delicious, but I have to say my favorite meal was the homemade meatloaf and mac-n-cheese that Mrs. Thomas made us! We explored the Rueben's House in Antwerp and were lucky enough take a day trip to Amsterdam to see the flower markets, Rijksmuseum and the modern art collection. Not to mention, we had a Nutella crepe from "The World's Best Crepes" shop...yes, it really was that good.

The trip was a perfect respite from the busy London city life and seeing dear friends really reminds me how blessed I am to have people all over the world who can support, defend, and care for me in all aspects of my life. North, South, East, West.. I know I'll have someone looking out for me wherever my path may lead!


 So cheers to traveling, to friendship, and unending conversations.

Cheers y'all, Lis


No comments:

Post a Comment