Monday, February 18, 2013

Tour Guide Lisa

Some close friends of mine are in London visiting and we had the best day yesterday walking around and exploring the city! I have been in London as a tourist and as a resident so I feel like I have seen all the 'good stuff' multiple times. That being said, each time I wander around the city I am reminded of how perfectly beautiful and unique it is! We walked for five hours around London - Covent Garden, Piccadilly, Trafalgar, Buckingham, Horse Guard's Parade, Big Ben and Parliament, up the South Bank, National Theatre, ran through Tate Modern and finished at St Paul's... at which point I thought I was going to pass out from exhaustion!

I absolutely LOVED being able to show friends around London. I wasn't the most knowledgable tour guide but I was surprised at how much I did know.. it proves I have been listening in class. As well, I was able to get some pictures and see a few things that even as a London-er I hadn't yet accomplished. What a great day with friends, can't wait to meet up with them again a couple weeks in Paris! 
Momma, Grandma and Papa will be getting to London in just 18 days so I'm glad I was able to put on my 'Tour Guide Lisa' hat for a bit! I cannot wait for them to visit and see everything I love about London and all it has to offer.


Cheers y'all, Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment