Friday, March 22, 2013

its the time of the season?


"SAD is sometimes known as "winter depression" because the symptoms are more apparent and tend to be more severe at this time of the year.
The symptoms often begin in the autumn as the days start getting shorter. They are most severe during December, January and February.
In most cases, the symptoms of SAD begin to improve in the spring before disappearing."
For starters, I'm not at all trying to say that I am depressed over here. I'm not. BUT I can absolutely relate to this whole seasonal depression thing. Usually, I'm a lover of the cold and I honestly don't mind rain (it is just the post-rain humidity that gets me).. I enjoy a good rain or thunderstorm. But lately, this continuous rain and cold are really wearing me down! I am not exaggerating when I say I have only seen the sun a total of about 5 hours in the last month.
I know what you're thinking: Wow, a post about the weather? She is really becoming a Brit.  
"A study suggests more than half of Britons bring the weather up in conversation every six hours" - Thanks, Telegraph
Truthfully, I've been fine with it until it was unending cold and rain on our trip with Mom, Gma and Papa. That was the last straw Mother Nature.. Get it together! Everyone here (and BBC Weather) has been telling me this is rare and it usually doesn't do this rain and cold thing for this long and all that jazz but I've about had it.
So here is my prayer, my rain dance, and my plea to God and Mother Nature..
Make it stop. Can't a girl get a little sun around here?!

Now I'll head to the library and hide there until this obnoxious weather situation has figured itself out. Til then...
Cheers y'all, Lisa

1 comment:

  1. The sun is shining in America...just saying. haha. Actually, it is unseasonably cold and will be thru the end of March we are told. Rain coming in this weekend and possible snow on Sunday...so much for the whole global warming thing, right? It is sunny today, but we have a high of about 37 and it is windy. Pretty to look outside, but cold enough to make a grown man cry. How's that for a conversation about the weather?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete