Wednesday, April 3, 2013

here comes the sun..for a whole day!



As previously mentioned, London's weather has not been so stunning lately.. and by lately, I mean for the past five months. A good London friend posted on Facebook this week, "Now I understand why The Beetle's sang 'Here Comes the Sun'.. If the sun shines in London, everyone acts like it is Christmas morning!" Well put. The sun has been out for the past few days for a few hours and it has been exceptional. I'm walking around with sunglasses on and although I'm covered head to toe from the freezing wind, I'm stopping, spreading out my arms and facing the sun as if to get some tan rays. Unrealistic but hey, a girl can dream.


So not only has the weather turned nice for a few days (the rest of the week is rainy, duh) but I've also had sweet Kate to visit me all the way from Turkey. I won't go into every detail but we've had so much fun running around the city, wine-ing, dining and chatting late into the night. St Paul's for Easter Church Service, Putney Bridge for Oxford vs Cambridge Boat Race, a West End musical, and a hike up to Primrose Hill to watch the sunset... just to name a few of our London adventures. 


It was a great 'energizer' weekend to get me through the upcoming grad school marathon of final presentations and research papers and I'm so fortunate to have had Kate so close to me while we've been conquering Europe. God bless you, Kate, for keeping me sane over the last 8 months (and before that!). I'm not sure what I'll do when you're not on the same continent in just a couple months!

Cheers y'all, Lis

1 comment: