Saturday, July 28, 2012

Opening Ceremony

The Opening Ceremony of the 30th Olympics was very interesting last night.. don't you agree? If you are interested in/love/are obsessed with the UK, (as I am) it was fun and exciting to see all the aspects that Danny Boyle decided to include in the performance. However, if you aren't exactly an anglophile, I can see how last night's Ceremony could be a let down. I was amazed at the transition from agricultural England to industrial England; the scenery and 'actors' flowed beautifully! As the experience moved to the last 50 years, the feel of the ceremony changed drastically.. while I understood and related to the 'tech world' as seen by the teenie boppers dancing to some awesome classic songs, I wasn't a huge fan of the whole thing. It was fun to watch but it seemed a bit irrelevant to the Olympic experience and the British culture. There are so many wonderful things that are unique to the UK and technology is not really one of them.

Let's talk about the Queen! I cannot express how much I loved watching her and Daniel Craig interact and have fun together. It was so clever to add the Queen into the ceremony and show her frequently referenced humor and wit. She's a total boss and I admire her at 86 years old!

Cheers y'all, Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment